Better to know this things before your mattress purchase
- Better to know this things before your mattress purchase
Jul 21 2018
- I have a herniated disk in my lower back and have had no issues at all. My husband and i are both extremely fit and therefore I cannot comment on the its’ fitness for larger people as many have asked. Having said that, I researched for a few weeks before deciding to roll the dice. Unlike other reports, I didn’t find the mattress to have a noticeable odor. The corners took a bit to come up to full size, but now are in line with the rest of the mattress. The mattress does seem to be about 2-inches longer than the previous Cal-king and hangs over the box springs, that we left in place. So far, I’ve had a great experience, and I’ve been sleeping on the mattress for about 21 days now.
- I wanted a firm mattress without the pressure points of a traditional spring mattress. The 12″ Zinus is quite firm, but quite unforgiving. I’m not usually a hot bodied person, but I am in this mattress. The only thing I can say is that we save on our heating bill because I turn the heat way down at night knowing I’ll be warm and toasty in my bed. Once you settle in it can be a bit of a struggle to change sleeping positions, but I find I toss and turn much less on this than any other mattress before.
- Mattress could be fully expanded. No problems there. No smell. The mattress is heavy. I am a 120 lb woman and I was able to set up the platform bed and put the mattress on it. Although I looked funny doing it I’m sure. I was a memory foam fan but after buying this mattress I am! To those skeptical about buying a mattress online you’re not alone! I was definitely skeptical at first but I would definitely recommend reading all the reviews to know what to expect. I have showed my family members the mattress and they are already planning on purchasing their own with it being very affordable.
- My understanding is it take 48 hours to get to full size. Also one of the legs would not tighten up so I put some glue in the hole and around the outside hoping it works. My husband and I wanted to buy one as well, but we noticed that it is a bit cumbersome and hard to get up from this type of mattress because it has no bounce to it. That affects only the two of us, both in our mid fifties. I assembled it my self and was pretty easy, only took me an hour and half. and the half.